Samsung Introduces New Mobile Digital Radiography Device, the GM85 Fit
Boston Imaging, the United States headquarters of Samsung digital radiography and ultrasound systems, introduces the GM85 Fit, a new configuration of the premium AccE GM85; a digital radiography device featuring a user-centric design that aids in efficient and effective patient care. The GM85 Fit recently received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for commercial use in the USA.
“We are pleased to launch the GM85. It’s designed with the user in mind, from its lightweight design to its array of features,” said David Legg, Vice President, Head of Boston Imaging. “This solution is the latest addition to our best-in-class family of products. As the procedure volume of mobile X-ray increases to deal with unprecedented patient volume, Samsung continues to focus on creating more efficient mobile imaging solutions.”
Powered by a lead-free lithium-ion battery, the GM85 Fit provides users with a more value-oriented mobile X-ray device that has high efficiency, throughput and workflow features and a long lifespan. Specifically, the GM85 Fit features:
- Rapid Charging: Charges within three to four hours.1
- Exceptional Operational Capabilities: Can take up to 550 exposures and drive up to 37.3 miles during 11 hours of use without additional charging.2
- Enhanced Performance: Can take up to 1,900 exposures or be on standby for up to 35 hours on sleep mode.3,4
- User-Centric Design: The ultralight design of the GM85 Fit delivers an effortless driving experience. The detector is also lightweight, which supports easier patient positioning for the technologist.
- Quiet Operation: Operates at low noise levels, less than 42 dB, during standby and Night Mode for quick control of device sound and brightness to avoid disturbing patients.
In addition to refining usability, Samsung continuously seeks new ways to help clinicians find reliable answers with greater image clarity and enhanced diagnostic accuracy. The GM85 Fit features an upgraded version of Samsung’s S-Vue™ imaging processing engine, which mitigates halo artifacts surrounding metallic objects to allow for proper visualization of the bone-metal interface, all while reducing dose levels by up to 47.5 percent for adult abdomen imaging and 45 percent for pediatric abdomen imaging.5 The device also features the MirrorView function that allows secured screen sharing for healthcare professionals to review images.
The GM85 Fit also features key tools that are found within the premium AccE GM85, such as:
- Auto Lung Nodule Detection: A computer-aided detection software designed to identify and mark regions in relation to suspected pulmonary nodules from 10 to 30mm in size.
- S-Enhance: Improves clarity of foreign bodies in images of chest abdomen and L-spine.
- SimGrid™: Improves image quality of non-grid images to a level comparable to grid images while at the same time reducing radiation dose, especially beneficial for obese patients.
- Bone Suppression: Improves the clarity of soft tissues by suppressing the appearance of bones in chest images.
To learn more about the GM85 Fit, please visit https://www.samsunghealthcare.com.
About Boston Imaging
Boston Imaging markets innovative imaging technologies and is committed to delivering fast, easy and accurate diagnostic solutions to healthcare providers. Boston Imaging is the United States headquarters for sales, marketing and distribution of all Samsung digital radiography and ultrasound systems. Boston Imaging’s growing portfolio of advanced medical technologies is used in leading healthcare institutions helping providers enhance patient care, improve patient satisfaction and increase workflow efficiency. For more information, please visit https://www.bostonimaging.com/.